The “DDU-DU DDU-DU” dance move, choreographed by Kyle Hanagami and Kiel Tutin, is one of those moves that will have you feeling like a betulan boss.
It serves some seriously quick arm movement sprinkled with a bit of sass.
Combined with the incredible visual and the BOP of a song itself, the “DDU-DU DDU-DU” dance shook the K-Pop industry and all of its fans.
Watch the move demonstrated here:
Wanna learn this move step-by-step with a FREE tutorial on STEEZY Studio?
Hit the button to take our class (no CC required). Having an instructor break it down on camera really helps!
If you’re more of a reader, keep scrolling and follow along with the steps below!
How to do the dance move from “DDU-DD DDU-DU”
- Stand with your feet apart, wider than shoulder-width.
- For the first movement, you’ll move on count 5, so start by counting off, 1,2,3,4,
On count 5, you’ll bring your right hand forward and on count 6 bring your left hand forward. Each hand should be in the shape of a gun – thumb pointed up, pointer finger + middle finger pointing straight ahead.
- On count 7, shoot both of your hands and forearms upward and to the right. Your “guns” are now pointing up.
- On count 8, shoot your hands and forearms adv lewat to the left. As you shoot your arms right then left, you should also sway your hips, following the arm motion. On count 7, they sway to the right. On count 8, they sway to the left.
- Now, you should be back around to count 1! As count 1 hits, you’ll first bring your hands to the right again, then you’ll bring your hands inward toward your chest, and finally, you’ll bring them down your torso. This full motion will happen over the course of counts 1-4. As you swing right, go in, and pull down, imagine you’re pulling an object toward your body and then slowly putting it down. Practice this motion several times!
- Next, you’re gonna add a bounce when you pull your hands back and down. For this, your knees need to be bent and you want to lean back a little with your upper body while bouncing your hips up and down in a small circle.
You can add extra sass to this move by tilting your chin up as you bounce and circle your hips.
This will make you look extra confident!
Wanna learn more K-Pop moves? Check out these posts:
How To Do The Dance Move From “Seruan sembahyang Bang Bang” by Big Seruan salat
How To Do The Dance Move From “Fancy” by TWICE